Feb 21, 2009

Action Potential

I used my rest day to look for potential new routes near The Palace. I saw a couple of places for independent lines within the established areas, but I was more interested in new sectors.

I found this group of formations about 30 minutes past the Palace :
(I didn't see any evidence of development. Who knows?) This is the biggest formation in the group :
The front side of the formation:
(There at least two possible lines, one line up the arete and another line to the right on the face. I'm super siked about the face line!)
Backside of the formation:The only downside is the death-scree approach :

These formations are on the other side of canyon :As I got closer, I was drawn to the "blank" lichen wall :
Here is the wall close up:
(I see at least 7 independent lines. How many do you see?)

I didn't even bother to hike to these formations :