Dec 21, 2011

The New Standard for First Ascents

Here are my new standards for claiming a first ascent:

Video
Any quality but the complete climb. HD is nice but not necessary. You can edit however you like but also provide the uncut version.

Pictures
Any quality. Color is required. There is no reason for black & white beta photos. Drawings are unacceptable.

GPS
A majority of the time there is no specific information about the location of a climb. It would add value to the climbing community if the location of climb was expected when discussing a new climb. In addition, I don't want your vague directions. I demand the unequivocal accuracy of GPS.

These standards apply to all media (i.e., books, websites, and blogs).
I won't waste my time and attention on anything less.

It is time to raise the standard.