Sep 7, 2009

The Palace & Beyond, Hard Projects

The forecast wasn't good for today, hot & rainy. I took a rest day and found some potential new lines.

Bat Cave
There are 3 bolts that follow the obvious weakness. I don't know the name or grade. There might just be enough holds for line going out the right. It would be very hard.

Left side of the cave. Potential for moderate line.

Right side of cave. Potential for moderate line following the arete.

This arete is in the main area of The Palace. It should be a difficult line once its bolted.

The rain picked up and I decided to scout via car. I was found the cave/wall below about a mile from the Palace. It is much steeper with higher quality rock than The Palace.

The left side from below

The entire formation from above
I most interested in the line that starts in the cave and follows the overhanging arete.

I will have to get going, there is a strong rumor of an upcoming guidebook for this section of the Poudre.