Sep 12, 2009

PMA Wall, Opertaion Warm-up Complete

@ and I went up Highway 14 to do some cragging. @ wasn't syked about crossing the Poudre (I have waders) so we started bolting a new wall, PMA. PMA is pseudo-random acronym, you can make up your definition. She picked the warm-up line, and I got to work bolting it. She sent it right after I put the bolts in and decided on the name "Chutes & Ladders".

Happy about bolting the warm-up.

By this time, Doug S. showed up and stole the 2nd ascent from me while I was bolting a harder line to the right.

Doug S. during the 2nd Ascent of "Chutes & Ladders" 10a

Sending "Free but Not Cheap" 11a

I'm interested in how climbs are named. "Chutes & Ladders" is self explanatory. "Free but Not Cheap" is named because it is the steepest line at the cliff and provides plenty of opportunities for freedom, i.e. feet cutting. You have pay for it with a hard crux move.

Doug picked out the next line at the far right end of the cliff. It looked like another warm-up but ended up being the hardest line thus far.

Bolting "Look Who They Let in the Backdoor" 11c

Attention to detail

Enjoying the steep jugs of PMA wall.

There is potential for 5-9 more lines, most should be much harder.