Apr 5, 2009

Santa Barbara, Getting Stomp On At Old Stomping Grounds

Objective: Performance

Problems Sent: Lord of the Flies, V0+, repeat (warm up, at least there is a lot of moves)
A Steve Edwards Project, V5, 2nd try today (1st try was still a warmup, I flailed on it long ago with no success)

Total Points: 5

Problems Tried: Shake it like a tornado, V6, a bunch of tries (cool moves to a not cool topout)
Gangster Hippie, V7, 3 tries (I couldn’t commit because of the fall, it felt potentially horrendous)
King Dinosaur, V7, 1 try (I sent it using an incut dish out left. A review of pictures and videos rules my ascent invalid)

My dirty hippie impression


Sending "A Steve Edwards' Project"
I remember trying it years ago and not being able to get established. Today it felt easy.

Notes: Between Yos and CO, I stopped off in Santa Barbara just long enough to hang out at the beach and sneak in a quick session at Lizard's Mouth. I was psyched to check out a new problem called "Instant Coco." I knew the general location of the problem but had no clue which particular boulder. I ended up not finding it. No big loss. After time at Joe's and the Valley, I lack the motivation/skills to excel at Santa Barbara bouldering. The feet are too sandy and the top-outs are too rounded.