Dec 22, 2008

Las Vegas, Day 2 - Wool Panty Day

Objective : Performance

Routes Sent : Buck's Muscle World 5.9 (flash)
A Day in the Life 5.11b/c (2nd go)

Total Points : 7.5

Routes Tried : Yaak Crack 5.11 c/d (2 tries)

Climbing is a friendly world. Here is Bill and Jason (not the same one as yesterday) at The Gallery. I meet Jason in the parking of my hotel the night before, and he invited me to go climbing the next day. Rad!
"A Day in the Life" - A day in the life of someone on the road means try to crank in horrible weather.





My 2nd go on Yaak Crack. I was trying very hard but the extreme cold was creating issues with clipping. I whipped on the last move. Ugh!


Notes : Windy, cold, and raining. Still climbing. I rather sport climb than boulder. I prefer continuous movement over pure difficulty. Bouldering has less continuous movement and sometimes has difficulty for the sake of difficulty (and greater chance of injury). But today, I should have went bouldering. I would only have touch the rock for a couple of seconds instead of minutes. Resting on the routes was a balancing act between depumping and hypothemia. It was that cold.