Dec 31, 2008

Looking Backward



Flashing another problem in paradise.
For me, Paradise Lost.
I left CA for CO.

Looking back on the year is slightly odd feeling. I don't get too nostalgic and didn't have specific goals for this year.

Here are some highlights :

- Climbed a shit-load, locally and road tripping. I climbed as much as I could considering I had a salaried job and finished a Ph.D. I took many weekend trips to Bishop. How fucking cool is that!

- No injuries. I don't handle injuries very well and actually take the steps avoid to them, e.g. take days off, no high-balls on bad rock, and lots of sport climbing.

- Successful Birthday Challenge. Did I complete my challenge? No, I tried the "impossible" and failed. RAD!

- Learned a lot about training. I read, thought, discussed, and attended seminars. I'm still processing information. I have a good handle on general conditioning and starting to understand training for climbing.

I hope the next year is very similar.

(After I finished the post, I realized that I didn't mention grades once. I did climb harder this year, first V8, but ticking a particular grade wasn't as important as the complete experience).