Aug 22, 2009

First Responder Area, Micro Nut Love

AT on the FA of "First on the Scene, First in Our Hearts" 5.9

The rack, 4 micro nuts & 1 cam, for FA of "Artist in the Ambulance" 10c

I took a 12ft whipper on this piece after a higher marginal piece blew.

Notes: @ joined me at the First Responder Area to finish off the main wall. We FA'd everything. I sent the bolted line, still unnamed, first try. Alex is making me add another bolt so people don't deck clipping the anchors. She cruised up "First on the Scene, First in Our Hearts" 5.9 for the FA. I quickly sent the trad line to the left, also unnamed.

I got down to business on "Artist in the Ambulance" 10c. The gear is okay but finicky. On my first lead go, I took a whipper, blew a piece, and hit Alex. YIKES. I realized the consequences but had no fear of the fall. I rested for a moment, sacked up, and sent it. I'm very inefficient at placing gear on nontrivial trad climbs. I need to address that weakness if I want to pursue trad climbing.

Bonus: If you want to know if you proj is on public land - Larimer County Assessor. Luckily, this crag is on public land.