Jul 11, 2009

Lander, Day 4, Crowded Cliffs Still Suck

Location: Wild Iris/Zorro

Routes Sent:
Chico, 8, onsight
Cirque de Suave, 10b, onsight (cool dihedral, all legs)
Gaucho, 10d, onsight (pockets, more pockets, rad pockets)
?, 10c/d, onsight (slab, everyone did it differently, each way sucked)
Eweanimiy, 11b, flash (saw O-dub climb it first, but still messed up a sequence)
The Guns I’ll never Own, 11c/d, 2nd go (fell on 2nd move, NEGATIVE!!!, pulled back on & went to top)

Total Points: 28.5

Wild Iris is the place to be.

Limestone is the best.

Notes: Went to Odub's Onsight Clinic. The cliff was packed. There were 8 routes, 24+ people, 5 dogs, 5 kids, and 2 babies. OUT OF CONTROL.

Kris knows his stuff. Lots of little nuggets to incorporate in my climbing. For example, don't focus on footholds. Focus on body positions and footholds will be there. I climbed all my routes in the last 2 hours of clinic because I wasn't aggressive enough getting my mandatory warm-ups.

Bonus: Rad poem about Lander - Cowboy King (using only route names)