Jun 16, 2009

Lake Tahoe, Day 1, The Accidental Soloist

Objective: Performance

Routes: Kindergarten Crack, 5.5, 2 pitches (followed first pitch, soloed second pitch)
Eyes of Silver/Middle Age, 10c/8 (climbed 1/2 of EOS, then escaped to MA and soloed it)

Alex on her journey towards becoming a trad leader.

Notes: I escaped the heat and chaos of Las Vegas to cool granite of Lake Tahoe. 3 different types of rock in 3 days of climbing. Hopefully, this variety will supercharge my climbing ability.

I got reacquainted with the golden granite of the high Sierras. I feel very comfortable on this type of rock. You can climb anywhere and feel solid. "Eyes of Sliver" is a contrived bolted slab line. I got frustrated pawing up the slab and escaped to the nearby fun crack. The day was cut short when it started to rained. We left to drink coffee and play on the internet.