Apr 5, 2010

GE Boulders, Back in the Game

I spent the period of time before my scheduled hiatus repeating problems in the guidebook to get my scorecard up and understand grades better. I sent a bunch of rad problems but came away more confused about grades. I'm back to following my bliss by developing
(or rediscovering lost classics).

My nickname for this area is GE Boulders
(until someone tells me better).

The best boulder to warm-up on -
Green, V4 - sds, climb left arete, nice crimps, V1 from stand
Yellow, V4 - sds on pinch, V2 from stand
Red, V3 - sds, V0+ from stand

This boulder is directly behind the warm-up boulder -
Yellow, V4 - sds crack, climb up and over a smaller block to topout
Green, ? - sds crack, make several hard crimp moves to easy sloper topout
Pinke, ? - low-ball traverse following the crack, I'm not interested

Blue, ? - sds lip, rad tricky gymnastic climbing, possible to start lower (very dabby)
Pink Dotted, ? - lip traverse, I'm not interested

Backside Arete - sds, nice compression climbing

This is the best boulder. I profiled it earlier.
Green, V5/6 - sds, follow crack up and left, I used the large detached flake for feet
Black, V5 - sds, little moves on little holds, some people would call it technical
Red, ? - still very hard from the sit
There is also a very hard problem possible on the riverside.

It is nice to be back playing my game.