Nov 17, 2009

Arthur's Rock, i hate places without guidebooks

Problems Sent: Unknown, V1 (high ball crack)
Last Resort (?), V5(?) (not hard, not a good 2nd warm-up)
Unknown, V6(?) (pile but dry, lowball dab fest that didn't top out)

Problems Tried: Double Clutch, V7/8 (66.66% wet, including a puddle in one of the jugs)

Which way are you going?

And I forgot my ice tools

Skunked Again

Notes: I haven't climbed at Arthur's Rock despite the fact I can see it from my bedroom window, the primary reason being there is not a guidebook. When I go climbing, I actually like climbing. Weird. I decided to sack up and climb anyways with the scant information gleamed from the internet. It was still wet and icy from the recent storms and gets almost no sun. The rock is solid but low quality, better than Carter Lake/worse than anything I'm developing on the Poudre. I spent most of the day wandering/sliding around. It was a fun day outside but devoid of meaningful climbing.

I plan to improve the lack of information situation.