Dec 31, 2009

The Year in Review: 2009


Climb in Forein Country
Status - EPIC FAIL

This fell off the radar and never comeback. Damn, I should have looked at my goals at some point during the year. I have already booked tickets for a 2010 trip to Costa Rica (sadly, no climbing).

Birthday Challenge
Status - Complete

It was rad.

Complete a Route Pyramid
Status - Epic Fail

I didn't devote enough Performance days to this goal. I continued to travel and onsight. I rarely climbed at the same crag twice. When I did, it was separated by months. I was bite by the developing bug this year, which does not help this goal or my scorecard.

Complete a Boulder Pyramid
Status - Partial Fail

I sent a V10, but the goal was to do the whole pyramid to become a better climber. The same reasons/excuses as above.

Flash V7
Status - Fail

I should've done it, lame on my part.

Onsight 12
Status - Fail

I really should've done it, really lame on my part.


Best of 2009

Trip
Mid-Summer, Las Vegas, NV & Tahoe, CA
(Hard picking just one)

Day

Route
The Palace, CO
It was long, very different from most CA routes. Engaging the whole way and tops out the cliff. I realized I could climb during the CO winter.

Send
C3P0, V10
Taos, NM
My first V10, a 4 star problem.

Fall
Pinch Overhang, V5
Horsetooth, CO
Flash attempt on a classic

(A close second was falling on a new trad route, ripping out a micro nut and hitting my belayer)